A recent article published by the Alan Robock on 20th September, 2018 in the Earth and Space Science News, provides guidelines to persons wishing to get their papers published in their journal of choice.
Please click on the link below to read the complete article: Getting Your Paper Published Part 2: Good Grammar, Clear Figures.
You can also check out the related article Getting Your Paper Published Part 1: Don’t Annoy the Reviewers.
Regardless of our present qualifications, it is always a good idea to seek the means to improve our skills within our quickly changing work environment. For example, with the advancement of new technology, it is better to learn how to improve one’s proficiency rather than being unwilling to learn new skills. However, learning new skills does not only revolve around technology but also various aspects within one’s job specifications such as technical writing, or conflict resolution. I have outlined a few enhancement courses below for those of you interested in learning something new or looking to update your knowledge base.
- Fundamentals of Human Resources Management*
- Time Management*
- Corporate Protocol and Etiquette
- Technical Report Writing*
- Executive Leadership Series Part 1*
- Effective Supervision
- Comunication Skills for the Digital Age
- Introduction to Product Management
* Franklin University Provided Programme
Contact Information for UWI-ROYTEC
Telephone: 225-1299 Ext. 2111 or 2110
UTT Professional Development Unit
UTT Chaguanas Campus
- Project Management for Professionals (March 14 -17, 2017)
- Dealing with Difficult People and Establishing Positive Relationships (March 21-22, 2017)
- Effective Public Speaking and Presentation Skills (March 22 -24, 2017)
- Technical Report Writing (March 27-29, 2017)
UTT Campus at SAPA
- People Management Skills for Managers (March 14-15, 2017)
- Women’s Self Defence Tactics (March 14, 16, 21, 23 & 28, 2017) (5-8 p.m.)
- Business Ethics (March 21-23 2017)
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Preparedness (March 28-29, 2017)
UTT John S. Donaldson Campus
- Process Management: Applying process mapping to analyse and improve your operation (March 14 -15, 2017)
Website: Professional Education Unit, UTT
Telephone: 642-8888 ext. 24301, 24119, 21380, 46121
N.B. Courses are from 8 a.m – 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted.