I remember when I had done a natural sciences course, how dire the outlook, in terms of, water resources and the environmental sustainability looked. I am sure that if many of my classmates hadn’t thought about the environment and its relation to their survival and that of the next generation, it definitely would have been thought of then and afterwards.
At the Wiley Online Library I came across a text entitled “Air Quality Management” (March, 2014), which is one of four texts to assist readers in developing Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs).
This document offers one an introduction to the atmosphere around us and the units of concentration. It also discusses the importance of meteorology and the part it plays in air quality, before detailing the main types of air pollutants, their sources, and their effects on humans and their environments. Further chapters discuss measurement technologies and systems, as well as a selection of control and elimination methods. The book also details methods of modelling atmospheric dispersion.
Persons wishing to read up more on this text can click on the following link: Air Quality Management
I’m happy to announce that presentations that were showcased at the IWRM symposium have now been made available by the committee. Thus, members of staff can view the presentations as they were shown at the symposium.
For details of the presentations available, please see the list below:
Hydrology and Meteorology
- Groundwater Management Utilizing a Safe Yield Range Tool
- Development of a Modified Empirical Reduction Formula for Short Duration Rainfall in Trinidad
- Surface Runoff Prediction Model for Unplanned Hillside Catchments in Trinidad
- State of Aquifers in Trinidad – Groundwater Quality and Vulnerability
- The Use of Ecological Methods to Alleviate Flash Flooding in Urban Environments
Water and the Environment
- IWRM Working in Trinidad and Tobago – A Summary of the Adopt a River Programme
- Historical Developments and Hydrological Changes to a Coastal Wetland in Southwest Trinidad
- Drought Probability Mapping Using Regional Frequency Analysis in Trinidad
Water and Land
- Land and Water – The Effect of Land Use on Water Quality and the Role of Land Management
- Landuse Planning and Water Resources Management in Trinidad and Tobago
- Drought Management (Mitigation Strategies)
Water Quality, Health and Supply
- A Focus on the Environmental Quality in the Gulf of Paria
- A Preliminary Assessment to Ascertain the Water Quality Status and its Impending Impacts on the Recreational uses of the Ortoire River
- Proposed Ambient Water Quality Guidelines for Trinidad and Tobago
Water, Society and Governance
- A Regulatory Approach to the Management of Point Source Pollution in Trinidad and Tobago
- Application of ISO22301 for Design and Development of WASAs Business Continuity Management System
- Participatory Approach in Water Resources Management
- Stakeholder Involvement in Water Management
- Development of an Enterprise-Wide Risk Management (ERM) Framework in WASA
Also available is the Book of Abstracts, which provides abstracts for all presentations carded for the events, as well as, author biographies.
So persons who have not been able to access the presentations can either email me to view them or visit me at my desk. 🙂
Also available are presentations revolving around the idea of “Partnering for IWRM”, which include the following:
- Partnering for IWRM – GWP-Caribbean
- Developing Youth Eco-Leaders through training and Social Media to Raise Awareness of Environmental Issues and Impact on the Rural Communities of Siparia and Carlsen Field – Social Justice Foundation
- The Impact of the Guanapo Landfill on the Surrounding Environment – Dr. Grace-Ann Bent
So the Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Research Symposium hosted by the IWRM Stakeholder Forum is quickly approaching, and I must say I am very much excited with the whole affair. 🙂
Not only will our staff members, who are presenting get a chance to have an opportunity for information sharing, we will also get an opportunity to learn from the other organizations who will be participating.
So people don’t forget to register your attendance, since topics such as hydrology, meteorology, water and environment, water quality, health, water supply, water and land and governance will be discussed.
For more information on the symposium, as well as, to register your attendance please click on the link below:
Integrated Water Resources Management Research Symposium