Through Forester University’s 2 for 1 On-Demand Webcasts, persons may enroll in two online courses at the reduced cost of 99.00 (US Dollars). Please see the following information below for course description, presenter information and
Course 1 – How to Conduct a Water Audit and Avoid the Pitfalls
Avoid the water auditing pitfalls! Join Troy Aichele, LEED AP (O+M) of Aichele and Associates LLC for How to Conduct a Water Audit and Avoid the Pitfalls (for the second module in our Water Auditing Masters Series) to learn the step-by-step process of performing a water audit; the key information, tools, equipment, rebates, and typical pitfalls in performing successful audits; and learn how to use a custom plumbing fixture water audit spreadsheet. Learn how to successfully conduct your own water audit and avoid common water auditing pitfalls to ensure your audit goes smoothly.
“When the well’s dry, we know the worth of water” – Benjamin Franklin
According to the United Nations, water use has grown at more than twice the rate of population increase in the last century. By 2025, an estimated 1.8 billion people will live in areas plagued by water scarcity, with two-thirds of the world’s population living in water-stressed regions as a result of use, growth, and climate change. We have a water problem. Water auditing can help.
Join Aichele for a discussion of the step-by-step process of successfully performing your own water audit, including: the key information necessary to perform water audits; the building fixtures, equipment, and systems to examine in a water audit; and the tools needed to successfully complete the water audit. Within this discussion, Aichele discusses the common pitfalls in water auditing and how to avoid these. Additionally, this webinar addresses how and where to find rebates in your area, and how to use a custom plumbing fixture water audit spreadsheet.
Learning Objectives & Key Takeaways
- To learn how to successfully conduct your own water audit and avoid common water auditing pitfalls to ensure your first audit goes smoothly
- Learn the step-by-step process of performing your own Water Audit
- Learn key information necessary prior to performing a Water Audit
- Learn what tools are necessary to perform a Water Audit
- Learn how to use a custom plumbing fixture Water Audit spreadsheet
- Learn how and where to find rebates in your area
- Learn what building fixtures, equipment and systems to look for during a Water Audit
- Learn about key things to avoid when performing a Water Audit and Water Audit work
Course 2 – How to Calculate Water Audit Payback Periods and Write Water Audit Reports
Maximize your payback! Join Troy Aichele, LEED AP (O+M) of Aichele and Associates LLC for How to Calculate Water Audit Payback Periods and Write Audit Reports (the third module in our Water Auditing Masters Series), addressing the most essential skill in water auditing: how to calculate payback period and incorporate it effectively in your water audit report. Within this discussion, Aichele explores how to calculate water audit improvement periods using a custom-built payback spreadsheet calculator; how to calculate use rates; how to incorporate savings, rebates and utility increases into your payback calculations; and how to write a water audit report letter incorporating water audit results and payback periods.
According to USAID, one-third of the population of the earth estimated to face severe or chronic water shortages by the year 2025. And if the old adage is true – “water flows uphill toward money” (Annonymous, American West) – we all have a water problem. Water auditing can help.
Join Aichele for a discussion of how to calculate water audit payback periods, including: improvement payback periods (using a custom-built payback spreadsheet calculator) and calculated use rates for fixtures, equipment, and systems. Additionally, Aichele discusses how to incorporate your hot water fuel savings, maintenance avoidance, rebates, and utility cost increases, as well as your water and sewer savings, into your payback calculations. Finally, we discuss step-by-step how to write a water audit report, and incorporate your water audit findings and payback periods.
Learning Objectives & Key Takeaways
- Learn the most essential skill in water auditing: how to calculate the payback period and incorporate it effectively into a Water Audit report.
- How to calculate Water Audit improvement Payback Periods using a one-of-a-kind custom built payback spreadsheet calculator
- How to calculate use rates for plumbing fixtures, equipment and systems
- How to incorporate hot water fuel savings, maintenance avoidance, rebates and utility cost increases into your payback calculations (in addition to water and sewer savings)
- How to write a Water Audit Report letter incorporating Water Audit findings and payback periods
One can enroll for this special 2 for 1 course here.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15–20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.
* Purchase of this special allows you access to the presentations for 6 months from the order date.
LEED AP (O+M)
Aichele and Associates, LLC