|Hey guys just received an up-to-date listing of webinars from AWWA including free webinars. Exciting stuff indeed. Don’t forget to check it out…
This webinar will cover the fundamental water quality monitoring applicable to conventional surface water treatment, the interactions among the monitored parameters, and how that information is used to execute chemical feed and treatment process changes.
This complimentary webinar is sponsored by Neptune.
Facing limited resources and a rapidly changing workforce, how can today’s water utilities implement technology without sacrificing investments they’ve already made? In this webinar, Neptune Technology Group will demonstrate how today’s water utilities can easily move forward – not only from automatic meter reading (AMR) to fixed network advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) – but beyond basic billing functions to leverage metering data for unique needs across the utility. With backward-compatible, smart water technology, utilities can future-proof and optimize their AMR-to-AMI system, without stranding assets, or hidden licensing and upgrade fees.
Participants will hear from an actual water utility on how it implemented a cost-effective, timely AMR-to-AMI system for its unique needs – simply and painlessly – without stranding assets, and at the utility’s own pace.
This webinar will discuss aspects of hydrant testing and inform about available resources, including the AWWA Manual M17. Hydrant testing experience and insight will be presented from multiple perspectives: engineering and planning with model calibration, utility operations and management of hydrants, and hydrant testing in specific or special situations. The webinar will conclude with insight on how test results can provide support for utility planning and operations.
FREE WEBINAR: MANAGING WATER LOSS
April 12, 2016 | 11:00 a.m. – noon MT
This complimentary webinar is sponsored by Sensus.
This webinar will explore how the Borough of Monaca identified multiple leaks, including a 20-year water leak that spilled more than 200,000 gallons of water daily. The webinar outlines the process and technology that exposed hundreds of unbilled water accounts – recovering revenue for the town. You’ll also hear use cases from The City of Fairmont detailing how they improved billing accuracy and identified continuous leaks throughout their distribution system.
DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLANS: LEARN FROM UTILITY EXPERIENCES
This webinar provides options for developing, implementing, and measuring the success of a utility drought preparedness plan. Participants will gain insights into actual drought-management experiences from across North America. Utility case studies will be presented focusing on challenges and success stories regarding drought management.
This webinar is the second of a two-part water loss control webinar series. Part One gives an understanding of the regulatory landscape and why water loss control management is becoming a forefront topic for utilities, with some discussion of tools to use. This Part Two is more hands-on, providing training for how to complete a water audit. A general introduction/recap of Part One will be included, followed by an examination of AWWA Manual M36 and the water audit software.
To purchase part one of this series, contact Sue Bach.
FREE WEBINAR: HYDRAULIC MODELING OF UNIDIRECTIONAL FLUSHING (UDF) – AMERICAN WATER CASE STUDIES
This complimentary webinar is sponsored by Bentley Systems, Inc.
Unidirectional flushing (UDF) of water distribution systems is the focus of this webinar. The presentation begins with a thorough background on UDF and explains in which cases UDF is a useful pipe-cleaning method. The speakers will then describe how hydraulic modeling can help with planning and implementing successful UDF programs. The webinar will close with a demonstration of a typical flushing study workflow within a WaterCAD/WaterGEMS hydraulic model as the latest flushing capabilities an available software provides are reviewed.
System flushing is an important method of controlling water quality throughout a water distribution system network. Flushing stirs up and removes sediments from mains and clears poor-quality water from the system, replacing it with fresh water from the source. The webinar speakers will review key rules of flushing and what to do when rules conflict. Guidelines for UDF programs will also be reviewed to give attendees best practices to implement for an effective UDF program.
Daily Newspapers Available at WRA Library
- Activities for children
- Adopt a River
- Blog Updates
- Book on Air Quality Management
- Books are fun too
- Books Catalogued
- Books from Symposium
- Caribbean Climate
- Case Study
- Climate change
- Collection Spotlight
- Digital information
- Disaster Preparedness
- Drinking Water
- Drought Conditions
- Forester University
- Free Information
- Free Online Courses
- Hurricane Season
- Integrated Water Management
- IWRM Research Symposium 2015
- Journal Subscription
- Library Collection
- Library Equipment
- Library Notice
- Library Security
- Library Software
- On-Demand Webcast
- Open Access
- Periodical Access
- Periodical Subscription
- Presentation Tools
- Professional Enhancement
- Published in 2012
- Reading Challenge
- Research Symposium
- Water Related Article
- Water Supply
- Wet Season
- World Environment Day
- World Toilet Day
- World Water Day
- World Wetlands Day
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Water Environment Research Open Access Article Examines Effect of Solids Retention Time on Particle Size Distribution, Reactor Performance
- Hubbell Incorporated to Acquire Aclara Technologies LLC for $1.1 Billion
- SUEZ Announces Upgrades and Enhancements to Its InSight* Asset Performance Management System
- Student Team from India wins Xylem Water Prize
- With ARCOS, Tennessee American Water reduces response time to fix water main breaks
- Next Generation Water Summit 2018 Announces Nobel Prize Winning Keynote Speaker
- Tangent Company Earns a Patent for Its Direct-Potable Reuse (DPR) Water Recycling Process
- Xylem to Acquire Pure Technologies, a Leader in Smart Infrastructure Assessment and Management for the Water Industry
- Kamstrup Water Metering Introduces a New Automated Metering Infrastructure System
- Badger Meter’s Richard Meeusen Named Among Best Chief Executives by Institutional Investor
- Airborne Fireball
- Global Average Temperatures in 2017 Continued Upward Trend
- Prestigious Climate-Related Fellowships Rescinded
- Pedotransfer Functions Bring New Life to Earth System Modeling
- Scientists Create Catalog of Altotiberina Fault in Italy
- New Observations of Mysterious Radar Echoes
- Revised AGU Position Statement Addresses Climate Intervention
- The Amazon River’s Ecosystem: Where Land Meets the Sea
- Climate Change Is National Security Risk, Congress Members Warn
- Iron Readings Hint That Ocean Depth Influences Seabed Volcanism
- OMM Reconoce Estación Quinta Normal, Como Estación De Observación Centenaria - Dirección Meteorológica de CHILE (DMC)
- UAE continues to lead global research and scientific enquiry through innovative program designed to boost water security globally - UAE Research Program for Rain Enhancement Science
- Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) Launches New International Service HimawariRequest Based on Himawari-8/9 Target Area Observation
- WMO confirms 2017 among the three warmest years on record
- Climandes Newsletter No. 4 -
- The weather in Germany in 2017 - Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD)
- The weather in Germany in December 2017 - Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD)
- Overview of meteorological support for Belt and Road Initiative 2017 - China Meteorological Administration
- JAXA Successfully Launched Global Change Observation Mission - Climate "SHIKISAI" (GCOM-C)
- Annual weather review of Hong Kong, China in 2017