|Hey guys just received an up-to-date listing of webinars from AWWA including free webinars. Exciting stuff indeed. Don’t forget to check it out…
This webinar will cover the fundamental water quality monitoring applicable to conventional surface water treatment, the interactions among the monitored parameters, and how that information is used to execute chemical feed and treatment process changes.
This complimentary webinar is sponsored by Neptune.
Facing limited resources and a rapidly changing workforce, how can today’s water utilities implement technology without sacrificing investments they’ve already made? In this webinar, Neptune Technology Group will demonstrate how today’s water utilities can easily move forward – not only from automatic meter reading (AMR) to fixed network advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) – but beyond basic billing functions to leverage metering data for unique needs across the utility. With backward-compatible, smart water technology, utilities can future-proof and optimize their AMR-to-AMI system, without stranding assets, or hidden licensing and upgrade fees.
Participants will hear from an actual water utility on how it implemented a cost-effective, timely AMR-to-AMI system for its unique needs – simply and painlessly – without stranding assets, and at the utility’s own pace.
This webinar will discuss aspects of hydrant testing and inform about available resources, including the AWWA Manual M17. Hydrant testing experience and insight will be presented from multiple perspectives: engineering and planning with model calibration, utility operations and management of hydrants, and hydrant testing in specific or special situations. The webinar will conclude with insight on how test results can provide support for utility planning and operations.
FREE WEBINAR: MANAGING WATER LOSS
April 12, 2016 | 11:00 a.m. – noon MT
This complimentary webinar is sponsored by Sensus.
This webinar will explore how the Borough of Monaca identified multiple leaks, including a 20-year water leak that spilled more than 200,000 gallons of water daily. The webinar outlines the process and technology that exposed hundreds of unbilled water accounts – recovering revenue for the town. You’ll also hear use cases from The City of Fairmont detailing how they improved billing accuracy and identified continuous leaks throughout their distribution system.
DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLANS: LEARN FROM UTILITY EXPERIENCES
This webinar provides options for developing, implementing, and measuring the success of a utility drought preparedness plan. Participants will gain insights into actual drought-management experiences from across North America. Utility case studies will be presented focusing on challenges and success stories regarding drought management.
This webinar is the second of a two-part water loss control webinar series. Part One gives an understanding of the regulatory landscape and why water loss control management is becoming a forefront topic for utilities, with some discussion of tools to use. This Part Two is more hands-on, providing training for how to complete a water audit. A general introduction/recap of Part One will be included, followed by an examination of AWWA Manual M36 and the water audit software.
To purchase part one of this series, contact Sue Bach.
FREE WEBINAR: HYDRAULIC MODELING OF UNIDIRECTIONAL FLUSHING (UDF) – AMERICAN WATER CASE STUDIES
This complimentary webinar is sponsored by Bentley Systems, Inc.
Unidirectional flushing (UDF) of water distribution systems is the focus of this webinar. The presentation begins with a thorough background on UDF and explains in which cases UDF is a useful pipe-cleaning method. The speakers will then describe how hydraulic modeling can help with planning and implementing successful UDF programs. The webinar will close with a demonstration of a typical flushing study workflow within a WaterCAD/WaterGEMS hydraulic model as the latest flushing capabilities an available software provides are reviewed.
System flushing is an important method of controlling water quality throughout a water distribution system network. Flushing stirs up and removes sediments from mains and clears poor-quality water from the system, replacing it with fresh water from the source. The webinar speakers will review key rules of flushing and what to do when rules conflict. Guidelines for UDF programs will also be reviewed to give attendees best practices to implement for an effective UDF program.
Daily Newspapers Available at WRA Library
- 20th International Riversymposium and Environmental Flows Conference
- 2017 Thiess International Riverprize Finalists
- Software Strategies – Water-monitoring software and cloud-based storage help boost utilities’ bottom lines.
- FREE Webinar: Effective Utility Management: Your Utility’s Road to Sustainability
- A Powerful New Tool for Research
- Activities for children
- Adopt a River
- Blog Updates
- Book on Air Quality Management
- Books are fun too
- Books Catalogued
- Books from Symposium
- Caribbean Climate
- Case Study
- Climate change
- Collection Spotlight
- Digital information
- Disaster Preparedness
- Drinking Water
- Drought Conditions
- Forester University
- Free Information
- Free Online Courses
- Hurricane Season
- Integrated Water Management
- IWRM Research Symposium 2015
- Journal Subscription
- Library Collection
- Library Equipment
- Library Notice
- Library Security
- Library Software
- Open Access
- Periodical Access
- Periodical Subscription
- Presentation Tools
- Professional Enhancement
- Published in 2012
- Reading Challenge
- Research Symposium
- Water Related Article
- Water Supply
- Wet Season
- World Environment Day
- World Water Day
- World Wetlands Day
- Solid Waste Program
- Urban Sustainability and Mobility Program - Phase I
- WASA Modernization and Wastewater Infrastructure Rehabilitation...
- The Education Advancement Programme (EAP)
- Implementation support for the health service support program
- Action Plan C&D
- Exchange for the Strengthening of the Caribbean Banking System
- Technical and Environmental Studies for Road Program in Trinidad and Tobago
- Making Agriculture Profitable and Sustainable
- Improving Marketing and Production of Artisanal Cocoa from Trinidad and...
- Guide Identifies State-by-State Opportunities, Barriers to Assisting Low-Income Water Customers
- US EPA Approves Limits on Mercury in California Waters
- GE Launches New Water Treatment Solution for the Beverage Industry
- Emefcy and RWL Water Merge to Create Fluence, a Full-Service Distributed Water Solutions Corporation
- Great Water Tech to Participate at AWWA-Ohio Section Seminar
- Over 100 Individuals Now Certified in Green Infrastructure Through New Training Program
- Nokia to supply critical communications network to northern California water and power utility PCWA
- Clean Water That’s ‘Just Right’ with Sandia Sensor Solution
- USGS Scientists to Track Effects of Historic Lake Ontario Flooding
- US Water Alliance Celebrates 2017 US Water Prize Winners: Aurora Water, Kohler, Change the Course, Mark Schleifstein, and Adam Putnam Awards ceremony kicks off One Water Summit 2017 in New Orleans
- Seafloor Data from Lost Airliner Search Are Publicly Released
- Natural Resource Exploitation Could Reach New Depths
- The Value of Disaster Damage Data
- Volcano’s Toxic Plume Returns as Stealth Hazard
- Antarctic Microbes Shape Nutrient Content of Snowmelt
- 2017 AGU Union Medal, Award, and Prize Recipients Announced
- Tracking Water Through the North Atlantic Ocean
- Quantifying Coastal Rain Forest Carbon Transport
- Saturn Unveiled: Ten Notable Findings from Cassini-Huygens
- Testing Models of Near-Space Electrical Currents
- Monthly weather summary - June 2017 - Kingdom of Bahrain
- Tanzanian Regional Commissioner asks for better understanding of the potential impacts of climate change to the tropical mountains and their ecosystems
- Monthly weather summary for June 2017 in Bahrain
- WMO works with air transport industry on data gathering system
- WMO El Niño Update - July 2017
- High temperatures and extreme weather continue
- World experts evaluate future sea level changes and their impacts
- “Summer in the City” videos explain impact of climate change: Berlin
- WMO supports international conference on sand and dust storms
- Climate Risk and Early Warning Systems initiative expands